Sunday 4 September 2022

A journey of renewal and exploration


I would like to invite you onto a special journey. I am going to be leading us on a journey of renewal throughout the month of September. It is something that I feel I personally need, and so would like to make it open for you to join me in this process. For these daily blogs, I will be giving you a scripture passage and asking you to do a few things:

1. Read through the passage once.
2. Spend a few minutes in quiet contemplation - I usually find it helpful to have a journal or diary nearby, so that when thoughts come crashing into my mind, I write them down and get back to them later.
3. Read through the passage again and underline or note any important verses or words that stand out for you.
4. Ask God to show you what this could mean for you, at this point in your life. Write this down. 
5. Is there some action that God could be prompting you to follow up with?
6. Spend some time in prayer, using the passage as a starting point. 
7. Share with someone about the word/verse that stands out for you (you can even email me if you like)

I pray that this journey may be a time of refreshing for us all. 


6 This being so, I want to remind you to stir into flame the strength and boldness that is in you, that entered into you when I laid my hands upon your head and blessed you. 7 For the Holy Spirit, God’s gift, does not want you to be afraid of people, but to be wise and strong, and to love them and enjoy being with them.8 If you will stir up this inner power, you will never be afraid to tell others about our Lord or to let them know that I am your friend even though I am here in jail for Christ’s sake. You will be ready to suffer with me for the Lord, for he will give you strength in suffering.

9 It is he who saved us and chose us for his holy work not because we deserved it but because that was his plan long before the world began—to show his love and kindness to us through Christ. 10 And now he has made all of this plain to us by the coming of our Savior Jesus Christ, who broke the power of death and showed us the way of everlasting life through trusting him. 11 And God has chosen me to be his missionary, to preach to the Gentiles and teach them.

12 That is why I am suffering here in jail, and I am certainly not ashamed of it, for I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to safely guard all that I have given him until the day of his return." -
2 Timothy 2:6-12

"Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day."- Jim Rohn.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: