Saturday 10 September 2022

Abiding in God



What does it mean for us to 'stay in' or 'abide' in God? When John shared his Gospel with his audience, he recorded these words of Jesus:

“Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. 6 Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. 7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! 8 When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father." - John 15:5-8

What does that mean for you today?
How hard is it for us to 'stay in tune' with the Lord?

I suppose on a simple level, it is like having a mobile phone, but not having any ability to connect to wifi or data. The phone is still in your hand, but it has lost a lot of its functionality. 

John 15:4 (Message) - "Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you."

Living in grace
D3LM3


No comments: