Wednesday 11 December 2019

Follow the Leader

Image result for follow the leader
We all played the game 'follow the leader' as kids. The rules are simple - where the leader goes, we go! In today's Scripture, Micah tells the nation of Israel that in the future they will follow God again. Once the Messiah has broken through the gates of oppression and set them free, the nation will walk in God's ways again.

"Then I, God, will burst all confinements
    and lead them out into the open.
They’ll follow their King.
    I will be out in front leading them." - Micah 2:13 (The Message)

Although we usually focus a lot of the image of the Christ-child at Christmas, we should never lose sight of the fact that Jesus grows up to lead his disciples and to call us all to follow him. Jesus is our King and he invites us to follow him. 

Matthew 16:24 (Message) - Then Jesus went to work on his disciples. “Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how.

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: