Tuesday 25 June 2019

Love that holds on

Image result for love that holds on
In June 1882, George Matheson wrote the words to a powerful song, that has been included in many hymn books since the late Nineteenth century. It was during a personal time of suffering that he turned to the Lord as his sure foundation. George remember that God is the faithful friend who holds us close during our times of trial. This is how the first verse goes:

"O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be."


It is a timely reminder for those of us who need to rest our 'weary souls' into the hands of our Eternal Saviour and friend. Hold unto the LOVE that will never let us go.

 1 Thessalonians 5:21 - "...but test them all; hold on to what is good."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: