Saturday 22 June 2019

Discouraged

Image result for discouragement
"Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!   I will praise him again—
my Saviour and my God" - Psalm 42:5


The Psalmist asks a very deep question in this Psalm - he wants to know why his heart has become discouraged and sad. Sometimes we experience the same feelings and we aren't even sure as to why we feel the way we do. It could just be an accumulation of things - like a dripping from a tap, that gets faster and faster, until it eventually bursts out like a dam.

I believe it is vital to acknowledge how we feel before we can start to heal. Once we come to the "why", then we can get stronger and stronger. In this case, the Psalmist chooses to praise God and to place his trust in the goodness of the Lord.
 
The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/discouragement
"The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'" - Billy Graham

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/discourageme
 
 
Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: