Thursday 18 April 2019

Something to look forward to - Ezekiel 40

 Image result for Looking forward with hope
Okay, confession time. I read through Ezekiel 40 for the first time and thought to myself - "I am confused. Let's just skip over to next chapter." But, then I decided to give it another try and that is when I realised the remarkable promise that comes from the first few verses. In the context of the people already being in exile for 25 years, this vision that Ezekiel shares, would have spoken an incredible promise into their lives.

In the twenty-fifth year of our exile, .... on that very day the hand of the Lord was on me and he took me there. In visions of God he took me to the land of Israel and set me on a very high mountain, on whose south side were some buildings that looked like a city. He took me there, and I saw a man whose appearance was like bronze; he was standing in the gateway with a linen cord and a measuring rod in his hand. The man said to me, “Son of man, look carefully and listen closely and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here. Tell the people of Israel everything you see.” (Ezekiel 40)

All the people could see was pain and suffering. They had no hope of getting back home and worshipping in the temple again. However, this vision gave them all a renewed hope and something to look forward to. 

As we move into the most dramatic weekend in our faith, let us remember that no matter how dark the present seems, there is ALWAYS hope with Jesus.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: