Monday 15 April 2019

A Valley of Dry Bones - Lent 37

Related image
Arguably one of the most well known passages from Ezekiel is chapter 37. We have heard sermons preached on this topic and it is one of the more hopeful messages of Ezekiel. The promise of God bringing the dry bones of a nation back to life is remarkable. Reading these words in Holy Week we find that it is another glimpse of the miracle of the Resurrection. With God all things are possible and God has the ability to raise an army, even from the dry bones buried underground.

11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord.’” - Ezekiel 37

Thought: Do you see a connection between this vision and the events of Holy Week? Does it offer you hope for some of the difficulties you are facing in your life at the moment?


Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: