Wednesday 24 April 2019

Our Portion - Ezekiel 44

Image result for the lord is my portion
In Ezekiel's 44th chapter he gives clear instruction as to how the priests should live and work. One of the things that struck me about this chapter appears in verse 28, where God says:

“‘I am to be the only inheritance the priests have. You are to give them no possession in Israel; I will be their possession."

I believe this speaks to all of us today, not just priests. God is to be our true 'inheritance' and 'possession.' All of the material things we spend time trying to acquire and hold onto, will revert to someone else when we have died. However, the one thing that we can claim for our eternal life, is God's inheritance and possession. These things we can claim in the name of Jesus.

Psalm 16:5 - Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. 

Living in Grace
D3LM3

 

No comments: