Thursday 6 December 2018

Which one is worse?


 Image result for Rock and a hard place
Sometimes we are given the choice between a Rock and a Hard-place? In those situations it doesn’t seem that we can be happy either way. Can you remember a time when you were caught between two hard decisions?

Today’s reading leaves me feeling a little depressed to be honest. God is not giving the Israelites much breathing room :

“I will rebuke your offspring, and spread dung on your faces, the dung of your offerings, and I will put you out of my presence.”Malachi 2:3

Dung on my face? OR
Being cast out of God’s presence?
OR Both? 

Mmmmmh?! I Definitely think I would take the dung on the face option. At least the dung can be cleaned up, but being expelled from God’s presence would be so hard to take.

This Advent season, let us remember the joy of being in God’s presence and commit to not take this treasured gift lightly.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: