Wednesday 5 December 2018

Resolve to Listen


 Image result for Listen
“And now, you priests, this warning is for you. If you do not listen, and if you do not resolve to honour my name,” says the Lord Almighty, “I will send a curse on you, and I will curse your blessings. Yes, I have already cursed them, because you have not resolved to honour me.”Malachi 2:1-2

When Malachi challenges the people of God about their relationship with the Lord he doesn’t hold anything back. He speaks primarily to the Priests, as they are the link between God and the people – the great responsibility rests firmly on their shoulders. And so God urges them to do 2 things:

i.                    Listen to God
ii.                  Resolve to honour Him

In my opinion, both of these things are ‘actions’ – we need to be intentional about listening and committed in ‘resolving’ to honour the name of Jesus. 

So, here is a question: 
How well are we listening to God during this Advent season? 
What plans are we making to honour God’s name?

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: