Tuesday 4 December 2018

Playing at Religion


 Related image
“Why doesn’t one of you just shut the Temple doors and lock them? Then none of you can get in and play at religion with this silly, empty-headed worship. I am not pleased. The God-of-the-Angel-Armies is not pleased. And I don’t want any more of this so-called worship!" - Malachi 1:10 (Message)

Wow, God is really upset by the attitude of his people. He doesn't even mince his words either! Read through these responses and feel yourself melting into the naughty corner!


  • "Shut the Temple doors."
  • "Lock them."
  • "Playing at religion"
  • "Silly, empty-headed worship"
  • "I am not pleased."
  • "So-called worship."


Each one of these valid responses is an expression of how God feels when we just "go through the motions" of worship. There is no point in playing at Religion, because we can't deceive God at all. 

I am challenged this Advent season to make my own worship more REAL, MEANINGFUL, and HONEST. I hope you will join me as we all seek to welcome the Christ-child into our hearts. 

Living in Grace
D3LM3 

No comments: