Thursday 25 October 2018

Step out of the Traffic

“Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God,
    above politics, above everything.” - Psalm 46:10 (Message)


This is such a refreshing look at the familiar words of this Psalm. We may remember the verse like this:“Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”


However, as I read the words 'Step out of the traffic!' I think of intentionally getting away from the hustle of peak hour traffic. Once the noise dies down, I can take a careful look at my surroundings and in a spiritual sense, 'take a loving look' at God. It is reassuring to note that God is above all things - including politics!

Perhaps today is the day we need to step out of the rush-hour traffic and take a loving look at Jesus.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: