Tuesday 23 October 2018

From the ashes


This is a lovely poem that reminds me of the HOPE we have in the Lord. That even when things seem at an end, there is still a song of Hope. I don't think that Sara Teasdale meant it in this way, but I have read these thoughts into it. Enjoy.
“From my spirit's gray defeat,
From my pulse's flagging beat,
From my hopes that turned to sand
Sifting through my close-clenched hand,
From my own fault's slavery,
If I can sing, I still am free.

For with my singing I can make
A refuge for my spirit's sake,
A house of shining words, to be
My fragile immortality.”

Sara Teasdale

Isaiah 61:3 -  "...he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: