Saturday 11 April 2015

Remote jammers

Today I popped out to the shops to pick up a few things. I wasn't in a rush, which was probably just as well, because as I clicked my car remote I noticed something strange - it didn't sound the same as it usually does. I turned around and unlocked the car and locked it again - this time I checked that the doors were shut.

At the same time the guy parked nearby saw me and commented that he was having the same problem with his car. Together we realised that someone had just jammed our cars, so we stood around and watched the cars around us. Suddenly a car with 3 youngsters pulled off near us - they knew we had seen them. I guess we got off lightly in the end.

This incident made me think about how often we don't hear the message from God because there are other signals blocking the message. These 'signal jammers' could be a whole lot of things, ranging from stress, fear, anxiety, anger, sin, selfishness, pride, busyness and so on.

Let's resolve to pay attention to the voice of the Spirit. The message that the Spirit wants to convey is filled with LIFE - it does not want to rob us of anything.

Titus 1:9 - "He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it."

Living in Grace
D3LM3


No comments: