Thursday 11 November 2010

I remember you!


It has happened to all of us. We bump into someone from school and our immediate thought is, "I remember you!" In an instant our brains access the memories we have of that person and if the memories are good, we are usually willing to chat and catch up on the old news.

Allowing our minds to 'Remember' is a good habit to get into. On the 11 November we should all stop and remember people who have died in battle, trying to make our world a better place. Today I always remember my grandfather and great-grandfather, who both fought in 'famous' battles. They are not here to tell me their stories in person, but it is soothing to remember their lives.

For me, it is even more crucial to remember what Jesus has done for me. His actions saved my life and yours. This weekend we will celebrate Holy Communion, where we remember the cross and resurrection.

Luke 22:19 - And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”

Malachi 3:16 - A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the LORD and honored his name.

Remember that Jesus knows us by name.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: