Tuesday 2 November 2010

53 Days til Christmas


As I dropped my kids off at school this morning, my eyes caught a glimpse of the notice board. It read: "53 days til Christmas!" My heart sank. So much water has to pass under the proverbial bridge before I can celebrate the birth of Jesus. Christmas seems a lifetime away.

Then I was struck with this thought -
"Isn't it ironic that one of the key events in the history of the planet is preceded (in our lives) with the busiest period in our calendars?"

Is this right? Surely not?
I am not sure how to change the system, but I desire to create moments (in the next 53 days) where I can breathe in the aroma of grace, the scent of salvation and where I can experience the Joy of Christ.

Join me in the search for Christ amidst the chaos of the Festive season.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

No comments: