Monday 15 February 2010

Where is God?


As we kick off our week of reflection on 'Where is God in my world?' we need to level the playing field and to be honest - sometimes God seems very illusive!
If you don't believe me, read these 2 quotes...

Brother Lawrence“God has various ways of drawing us to him, but sometimes he hides himself.”

Psalm 13:1 – “How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me?”

At this point in time, would you say that you are experiencing God in a clear way? Is God real to you or does he seem to be hiding from you?

Prayer: Lord, in our hearts we believe that you are present with us in the power of the Holy Spirit, but sometimes we long to see you face to face. Reveal yourself afresh to us, as we seek you in the midst of our world.

Living in Grace,
D3LM3

1 comment:

David Barbour said...

Hi, I find this an interesting subject. How many say "I don't feel as if God's close" etc. This often comes not from the novice but from those well and truly grounded in the faith. Maybe I have never experienced the 'God who hides himself', but most times I would assume it the Christian themselves who are looking in the wrong places. Like a Father playing hide and go seek. God is there always (New Testament) in our heart but at times we need to search for God in different places - the path of growth no doubt. blah blah blah