Sunday 14 July 2024

Refuge - a place of safety


"Then I pray to you, O LordI say, “You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life." - Psalm 142:5

The word Refuge is mentioned over 23 times in the book of Psalms alone, as well as in many other places in the Bible. It is a wonderful reminder for all of us, that when we face difficult times, we know that God will be our place of rest and safety. 

Deuteronomy 33:27 - The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you.

2 Samuel 22:3 - my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my Saviour, the one who saves me from violence.

Nahum 1:7 - The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.

Thought: No matter what you are facing this week, remember that you can also take refuge in the presence of Jesus.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: