Thursday 18 July 2024

Pushed to my knees!


When Paul proclaimed that he was okay about his weaknesses, because they allowed God's strength to be revealed (2 Corinthians 12), I wondered how I could get to that same place. To be content in all situations is a hard journey to take.

However, as I re-read these words, from Eugene Peterson's paraphrase (The Message), I began to understand more of what this would require from me. And in truth, it is the simple knowledge, that when I am pushed down by my weaknesses and struggles, then I am moved into the best pose for honest prayer!

7-10 Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn’t get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first, I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then he told me,

My grace is enough; it’s all you need.
My strength comes into its own in your weakness."
- 2 Corinthians 12:1-12

Action: If you would like to listen to my 20-minute podcast reflection on this passage, you are welcome to follow this link. 

Living in Grace

D3LM3

P.S. Please let me know if the link works for the podcast. Thanks so much 


No comments: