Thursday 16 February 2023

When our burdens chafe our shoulders


"God of life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and wear us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies grey and threatening; when our lives have no music in them and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with light, we beseech you; turn our eyes to where the skies are full of promise. Amen." - St. Augustine of Hippo

The words that initially struck me (in this quote) are from the first line - 'when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders.' How many of us are busy carry heavy burdens at the moment and we feel as if our shoulders have been chafed raw?

If this is you, then listen to the words of Jesus:

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28

"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:30

Living in Grace

D3LM3



No comments: