Tuesday 28 February 2023

More than Information


The greatest challenge for any student is to take all that they have studied and to apply it in real life. This is the test - how has the collection of information helped someone to put these principles into practise? 

The same can be said of studying the Scriptures. If I am only doing my studies so I can appear to be holy, then I am missing the point. This was Jesus' complaint against the religious leaders. He saw that they were studying intently, but all their information had not brought them any closer to discovering he was the Messiah. 

"You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life." – John 5:39-40

Dwight L. Moody – “The bible was not given to increase our knowledge, but to change our lives.”

Thought: How do you take what you have studied in the Bible and apply it in your life? 

Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: