Thursday 9 February 2023

If you could ask God for one thing...


If you could ask God for anything, what would you ask for? Listen to the thoughts of a young soldier, who is credited with this beautiful reflection:

"I asked God for strength that I might achieve.
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked God for health that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for--but everything I had hoped for...
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all men most richly blessed." - 
An unknown Confederate soldier.

Question: If you answered my first question (above), would you consider changing your answer after having read this poem?

Living in Grace

D3LM3


2 comments:

Ken Gerhardt said...

Yes, of course...
The wonderful thing to remember is that God knows what we will ask for before we do.
It's just that God's answer to our asking is far more appropriate to our lives.
His will be done!

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks for this insightful comment Ken. Blessings to you. Delme