Wednesday 21 April 2021

Falling on grace


"If I stand, let me stand on your promise: when I fall,let me fall on your grace." - Common Prayer - A Liturgy for Ordinary Radicals

This one line holds so many intriguing points. It contrasts the words "if" and "when", which is an honest evaluation of our human frailty. It reminds me that the chances of me stumbling along the way of life are far greater than standing strong the whole time. 

It calls me to make sure that I can only truly stand on the promises of God, especially if I want to make a lasting 'stand.'

And then it softens my 'fall' by asking that my moments of weakness will be cushion by God's grace.

I think this prayer is profound and worth repeating as often as one dares.

Exodus 14:13 - "“Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today."

Living in Grace

D3LM3




No comments: