Thursday 15 April 2021

Big Red L


We have had a Big Red "L" on the back of our vehicle for over a year now and it gets all kinds of funny comments from our friends. We are glad that our learner driver has recently graduated to become a certified driver. However, we will need to keep the "L" on for a while, as our 2nd son will soon be heading down the same road. This all got me thinking ....

...In a Christian sense being a disciple of Jesus implies that we are willing to be life-long learners. We follow Jesus all of our lives and we keep learning from him. I will only 'graduate' from my learnership when I die, so I guess I will have to keep the Big Red "L" on my heart until that day comes. 

The other point I want to make is that now that my son has experienced driving lessons in our town, I am a lot more sensitive to other learner drivers. It is easy to get irritated when you see someone stuck at a stop street, stalling the car a few times, but as soon as you realise that this could be your own child, it makes a huge difference in your attitude. 

So, what if we looked at other Christians in the same way? 

What if we look at the faults and mistakes of other believers with a little empathy and compassion?

What if we also saw ourselves as learners and that we may make our own mistakes today? 

I believe this may change the way we speak and care for one another.

What do you think?

Matthew 11:29 - " Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: