Sunday 25 April 2021

Setting the angel free



It was Michelangelo who once remarked: "I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." At another point in his career he also allegedly said: "Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it."

How would you react if this were God speaking about our lives. If the Lord told us, "I see the good in you and I want to chip away at the outer parts of your life so that I can allow the angel to be seen!?"

I have no doubt the Diving sculptor is constantly at work in our lives, but I also fear that we get in the way of his work and design. We like to advise God a lot, instead of trust in his vision to see the angel in us.

How do you feel about this?

Jeremiah 18:6 - O Israel, can’t I do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: