There are a few interesting points from today's Proverb that I would like to highlight.
1. The author is so convinced of his words of instruction that he urges the listeners to 'do what he says!' This is a simple, but profound point, because there are many people who are good at speaking, but very bad at following up with their actions.
2. Following Godly wisdom of the Truly Wise will add 'Abundant Life' to our days.
3. We must hold onto Jesus' teaching as we would seek to protect our eyes. Obviously our eyes are such an important part of our body - they help us orientate ourselves in the physical world. In a similar way, our spiritual eyes will help us navigate through our spiritual world.
4. Writing God's teachings onto our heart means to know it so well, that is almost as if it has been engraved on our hearts.
5. Wisdom us to be treated with dignity, honour and respect.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -
Living in Grace