Thursday 24 October 2019

Check up


Image result for Check up
"Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting." - Psalm 139:23-24

I have always admired this honest prayer of David, where he gives permission for God to test his heart and to 'know' what is going on in his mind. It reminds me of going to the doctor, where we give them permission to do a series of tests in order to discover what is wrong with us - it is called a 'Check up.' In a way, we are saying to the GP - "please search my heart and body and find out why I am feeling sick."

In coming to God today we should we saying the same thing, but obviously related to our spiritual well-being. "Lord, I am not feeling so good, so please would you get to know my heart and help me find out why I am anxious or troubled."

Are you willing to pray this part of Psalm 139 as a prayer today?
If yes, then it may be best if you gave yourself a little time and a quiet space to pray.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: