Wednesday 14 August 2019

Who do you belong to?

Image result for Belong
"Boaz asked the overseer of his harvesters, “Who does that young woman belong to?” - Ruth 2:5

It was a sign of the times that a woman was always under the authority of her male family members, which is why Boaz asks Ruth this question in v.5 - Who do you belong to?
 
It was assumed that a woman belonged to her husband, father, uncle, brother etc. Thankfully, we have moved away from this kind of language nowadays, but I want to pick up on the spiritual connotation of this question: "Who do you belong to?"


I don't need to be attached to any human relative to answer this question, because if I have chosen to follow Jesus Christ, then I can say: "I belong to Christ!" Jesus has brought me with a price and I am under his covering.

Mark 9:41 -  "Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward."

Question:  "Who do I belong to?"

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: