Sunday 4 August 2019

Where you go, I will go

Image result for Ruth 1:16
"But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

There is so much depth in this promise from Ruth. It speaks of her commitment to her mother-in-law Naomi; it speaks of a love for her new family and the community she had come to love and embrace and it also challenges us on our commitment to the Lord - will we go where God leads us?

Are you able to say these words with faith today:
"Lord, where you go, I will go!"

In his song, I will follow, Chris Tomlin adds weight to this promise when he writes in the verse:

"All your ways are good
All your ways are sure
I will trust in you alone
Higher than my sight, 
High above my life
I will trust in you alone." 

We can commit to follow God, when we know that he is good and faithful - this means that whatever the future holds, God will be with us and he won't lead us into pathways that are harmful for us.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: