Wednesday 22 June 2016

Shattered

I had the misfortune of dropping my phone the other day and to my dismay I noticed that my screen had shattered (almost like the one in the attached photo). I know that I am not the only one to have had this bad luck, but it does leave you with a sick feeling, don't you agree?

The word "shattered" comes up in the bible in a few places, but the one that strikes me the most is from Matthew 21: 42-44 - "Jesus said, “Right—and you can read it for yourselves in your Bibles: The stone the masons threw out is now the cornerstone. This is God’s work; we rub our eyes, we can hardly believe it! “This is the way it is with you. God’s kingdom will be taken back from you and handed over to a people who will live out a kingdom life. Whoever stumbles on this Stone gets shattered; whoever the Stone falls on gets smashed.” (The Message)

I don't believe that it is God's desire to 'smash' us, but in this passage Jesus is referring to the fact that God's Kingdom is much stronger than the works of man. If it was a straight battle between God and humanity, we all know who would end up broken. Thankfully, God's grace invites us to belong to Christ's Kingdom, no matter how fragile we feel.

Question: Are we building our own kingdoms or are we striving to live in God's Kingdom?

Living in Grace
D3LM3 

3 comments:

Henryreynolds464@gmail.com said...

Too many people are building their own Kingdoms, but will they be for ever?
Only God's Kingdom is for ever.

Unknown said...

I am lifted up, many things are often "shattering" one's hope and at times the dreams one had before hand. But I have come to realise that shattered pieces or a cracked version of a life lived in full obedience and adoration to the most High God, is worth allowing God to mend the pieces together, with time. Not all things shattered is meant to be mend, but Jesus works through brokenness too.

Thanks for a great reflection of lived faith.

Unknown said...

I am lifted up, many things are often "shattering" one's hope and at times the dreams one had before hand. But I have come to realise that shattered pieces or a cracked version of a life lived in full obedience and adoration to the most High God, is worth allowing God to mend the pieces together, with time. Not all things shattered is meant to be mend, but Jesus works through brokenness too.

Thanks for a great reflection of lived faith.