Sunday 1 November 2015

Overflowing with THANKFULNESS

I have found that THANKFULNESS doesn't always come naturally to us. We seem to allow the troubles of this life to distract us from the incredible blessings we have already received. In doing so we somehow stay focused on the problems we encounter, rather than on the good that is all around us.

I raise my hand to confess that I am guilty of this, far to often. However, I am also uncomfortable with staying in this mindset - I desire to be in a place where I 'overflow with thankfulness.' One of the ways we can foster this kind of spirit, is to consciously list all the things we are thankful for.

It is only when we train our minds and hearts to gaze on the 'Goodness' we have received that our hearts will be filled with THANKFULNESS.

Colossians 2:6-7
"So the, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and OVERFLOWING with thankfulness."

Start filling your cup of thankfulness today and I pray that it may soon overflow.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: