Monday 4 August 2014

Is your prayer something like this?



The story is told of a wise, old Middle-Eastern mystic who said this about himself:  
‘I was a revolutionary when I was young, and all my prayer to God was: “Lord, give me the energy to change the world.”

“‘As I approached middle age and realized that my life was half gone without my changing a single soul, I changed my prayer to: 
 “Lord, give me the grace to change all those who come into contact with me. Just my family and friends and I shall be satisfied.”

“‘Now that I am an old man and my days are numbered, I have begun to see how foolish I have been.  My one prayer now is: 

“Lord, give me the grace to change myself.”  If I had prayed this right from the start, I would not have wasted my life.’”Paul Wharton

So what are you praying for today?

We should always know that we can ask God for anything - he delights in hearing our prayers and he promises to respond in his perfect way. However, I am challenged that often I need to pray for my own short-comings and for my will to be aligned with God's will, and not the other way around.

"Let Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven."

NOT

"Let My will be done!"

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: