Friday 15 August 2014

Financial stress


People struggle with their finances all the time and the present economic climate doesn't help at all. There often seems to be such a big divide between the end of the money and the end of the month! What I find helpful in times like this is a dose of reality - I know this may not help the cash flow, but it does get me thinking. I reflect on how people survive on the minimum wage - which in South Africa is just over R 2500 per month. After my initial shock, I then think about how blessed indeed I am and how much of what I spend is really necessary.

“Worry, like a rocking chair will give you something to do, but it won’t get you anywhere.” – Vance Havner

Paul reminds us to be content in whatever situation we find ourselves. This is easier said than done, but he wrote it none the less:

Philippians 4:11-13 - "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: