Friday 1 August 2014

All that Matters

Recently I have come across a number of poems by Edgar Guest - they are brilliant! His poems convey messages on so many different levels, but I liked this one entitled "All that matters!" For me, it reminds me that God has blessed us with life and called us to live well. May these words inspire you to do all you can for Jesus' sake.

"When all that matters shall be written down  
And the long record of our years is told,  
Where sham, like flesh, must perish and grow cold;  
When the tomb closes on our fair renown  
And priest and layman, sage and motleyed clown  
Must quit the places which they dearly hold,  
What to our credit shall we find enscrolled? 
And what shall be the jewels of our crown? 
I fancy we shall hear to our surprise  
Some little deeds of kindness, long forgot,  
Telling our glory, and the brave and wise  
Deeds which we boasted often, mentioned not. 
God gave us life not just to buy and sell,  
And all that matters is to live it well."

Acts 11:17 - "So if God gave them the same gift he gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could stand in God’s way?”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: