Thursday 14 February 2013

Toy soldiers - Lent 2

As I come to Psalm 2:2, I immediately think of a movie like Braveheart - long lines of warriors forming up on a rugged green hillside, looking across the valley towards another motley army - all of whom are waiting for the battle cry to ring through their ranks.

"The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers gather together against the Lord and against his Anointed One." (Psalm 2:2)

Instead of quivering with fear, God responds to the taunts of the rulers and kings in an interesting way:

"The One enthroned in heaven laughs:
The Lord scoffs at them." (v.4)

So, the next time you feel as if the devil's whole army is against you, remember these verses and chuckle to yourself. May God's laughter, at their puny challenge, make you laugh out loud too!

Prayer:
Lord, teach me to remember your victory. Help me to look beyond the shouts and taunts of the enemy and to see your knowing smile. You smile because you know nothing can stand against You. May I have some of that same assurance today. Bless those who take refuge in your name. Amen.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to pay a quick visit this website and reading the views of all colleagues concerning this paragraph, while I am also zealous of getting know-how.

Also visit my blog post: prayforalex.com