Friday 15 February 2013

Shield - Lent 3

God promises to be a shield around us - this applies especially to the times when we feel we are under attack, but also everyday of our lives.

"But you are a shield around me, O Lord." - Psalm 3:1

Take note of the word "You" in the verse. God is not promising to give us a material shield; a man- made object, made of steel or cow-hide or whatever. God is promising that He will be the shield. That makes all the difference!

When Jesus died on the cross for us, it was not some 'ordinary sacrifice' God provided for our redemption - He gave us himself! And that makes all the difference too!

"But you, God, shield me on all sides;
You ground my feet, you lift my head high;
With all my might I shout up to God,
His answers thunder from the holy mountain." - The Message


May we know that God is a shield around us day and night. May we rest in the care of his grace and love.

Some other thoughts worth reflecting on in Psalm 3:
  • God answers our cries
  • The Lord sustains us
  • The Lord delivers us

Living in Grace
D3LM3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Τhis infο iѕ ωorth everyonе's attention. How can I find out more?

Here is my website :: Chemietoilette