Sunday 24 February 2013

A Shelter - Lent 9

 
"The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed,
    a refuge in times of trouble.

Those who know your name trust in you,    for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you." - Psalm 9: 9-10

We will  all need to take shelter from something at some point in our lives. It may be the pouring rain, the blazing sun or even a sandstorm on the beach. A Shelter is a gift in the time of need and God is willing to be that Shelter for us. 

You may have noticed that I used the picture of a bus stop, for a shelter. I like this image, because it reminds me that even though God will always be my shelter, it is never God's intention that we stop the journey. God has called us to keep 'walking in faith' - He will be my shelter whenever and wherever I need, but I MUST keeping going.

May you find peace in the shelter of God's grace.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: