Wednesday 13 February 2013

The beginning of Lent

Today is Ash Wednesday, which we know marks the beginning of lent (If you want to read a good post on this topic please read John's thoughts on Ash Wednesday.)

The big question we often ask is what should I give up this year for Lent? It is a fair question as Lent should be a time of reflection, remembrance, sacrifice and giving. However, I also like to challenge myself to 'take up' something - a good habit or discipline or practise. So this year I am committing myself to reflect on the Psalms, starting at Psalm 1. I will try to read and reflect on a Psalm a day, following the days of Lent. That will take me to Psalm 40....So, please keep me accountable and if I haven't written anything reflections for a few days, ask me why not!

What are you thinking about for Lent? Does the sacrifice of Jesus motivate you to go deeper in your faith and challenge your Christian practise? In what ways?

"Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice." - 
Michael Novak

Live in the Grace of Jesus
D3LM3

No comments: