Monday 25 February 2013

Running for dear life - Lent 11

I can remember one incident clearly, where I ended up 'running for dear life.' We were caught in a thunderstorm at Dover Castle in England. We had left the castle and we running to our car, which was quite a distance away. I still recall a bolt of lightning striking the ground a few meters from us - to say we were scared is an understatement! ....So, I understand the phrase 'running for dear life!'

Psalm 11:1 (Message)
"I’ve already run for dear life
    straight to the arms of God.
So why would I run away now..."


At times we can be so afraid of what is happening around us that we turn and run. Running away from danger is not a bad option, but we must remember to run into the arms of Jesus. He is our refuge and strength. God is our protector and safe haven.

Let's not run away from God, when the times are tough. Run towards God!

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: