Tuesday 22 November 2011

First Bible


This morning, I found one of the first bibles I was given as a kid - I was 6 at the time. It was such a special moment to find the bible again. It reminded me of the little Gideon's bibles we used to get at school. I used to always love the fact that the blue Gideon's bibles had verses to guide you through different circumstances. If you were worried or angry; needing direction or peace; seeking answers or upliftment, the references helped you to find the right verse to read.

Can you remember the first Bible you ever had. Tell me about it - I'd love to know.

If you are needing courage today then perhaps you can read this verse:

"Energize the limp hands, strengthen the rubbery knees. Tell fearful souls, "Courage! Take heart! God is here, right here, on his way to put things right And redress all wrongs. He's on his way! He'll save you!" - Isaiah 35:3

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: