Thursday 2 May 2024

Don't let yourself be disturbed!

 


Have you felt yourself becoming restless and disturbed lately? It could be down to a lot of different reasons, but we can easily become anxious and worried about many things. Life is complex and we are facing may tough situations all around us. 

When Jesus was preparing his disciples for his imminent departure, he encouraged them not to be afraid. He says to them in John 14:1 - "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and also trust in me."

In the Complete Jewish Bible, the verse reads like this: "Don’t let yourselves be disturbed. Trust in God and trust in me." I like the variation in this translation because it really speaks to me. 

I pray that whatever you may be facing at the moment, that you would Trust in Jesus, and allow God's Spirit to keep your heart from becoming too anxious and disturbed.

Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: