Thursday 26 October 2023

Waking up the King


"The only person who dares wake up a king at 3:00 AM for a glass of water is a child. We have that kind of access (to our King)." - Tim Keller

I think these words are so beautiful and help me to remember that we can pray at any hour of the day. As a parent, I remember being woken up in the early hours of the morning by a sick child, or a child who had a nightmare or who was thirsty. Their requests didn't make me angry (although they did make me tired and sleepy), but they reveal the depth of trust that the kids had in us. 

Hold onto this image as you go about your day. Remember that we have the privilege of being able to wake up the King - any time of the day.  

1 John 5:15 - And if we really know he is listening when we talk to him and make our requests, then we can be sure that he will answer us.

Living in grace

D3LM3

No comments: