Wednesday 18 October 2023

Do not worry


I find the following words of Paul quite disturbing. 

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." - Philippians 4:6

They disturb me because of the many times I easily slip into worry mode. Afterall, I know this scripture - and you know this scripture, yet how many times do we still worry. It seems that worry becomes a default setting for many of us. 

This verse does however remind us of the gift of prayer. We are instructed not to worry, because we can make our requests to God. I suppose, it simply invites us to ask God to do the 'worrying' for us. 

What do you make of this verse? Do you also sometimes slip into worry-mode?

"And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?" - Luke 12:26

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: