Sunday 15 October 2023

Stand firm


"Therefore, my brothers and sisters, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm in the Lord in this way, my beloved." - Philippians 4:1

In this verse, we see how much Paul loves the church. The phrase ‘whom I love and long for’ speaks of his deep affection for the community. However, he adds something interesting to these sentiments. He urges them to Stand firm (stand fast) in the Lord. It was as if he knew that they would be confronted with many challenges, but he knew that they could get through them, if they stayed strong in the Lord. 

When Eugene Peterson reflects on the same verse, he adds these sentiments –Don’t waver. Stay on track, steady in God. (Message)

May we all know the strength of the Spirit as we seek to stand firm in the Lord.

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: