Thursday 5 October 2023

All day

17 


"Morning, noon, and night
I cry out in my distress, and the Lord hears my voice.
He ransoms me and keeps me safe
from the battle waged against me,
though many still oppose me."
- Psalm 55:17-18

When David is having a rough time with being betrayed by people close to him, he calls out to the Lord in his distress. This verse reminds us that he prayed 'all day' (morning, noon and night), believing that God would hear his prayers and answered them.

I understand that God is not deaf, and that God doesn't need us to repeat our cries, but there is something profound in turning to God 'all day and night' - it reminds me that I have nowhere else to turn, except to the God of my salvation.

What do you think?

Thought: 'Do our repeated prayers show a lack of faith on our part, or do they reveal a full reliance on God to answer our cries?'

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: