Tuesday 11 April 2023

A dog called Arthur


I have had a few people ask me to re-share the story of the dog called Arthur. I used his story in an illustration during Holy Week. If you would like to listen to the sermon in which it was used, then you can also click on this link.

In the 2014 Adventure Racing series in Ecuador – the Swedish team were led by MikaelLindnord. They came across a shaggy, tired, ugly and hungry dog and Mikael tossed him a piece of a meatball. That gesture changed the dog, nicknamed Arthur, forever. The little dog appreciated the food from Mikael so much that he decided to follow Mikael’s team over the next 10 days of racing. This included trekking through the mountains, kayaking down the Amazon and a whole lot of other hectic events – all totally about 700 km’s of adventure racing. The race organizers were not so chuffed about the scenario, but Arthur raced with the team until the end.

The best was still to come – When they finished the race, Mikael adopted Arthur as his own pet and had him shipped home to Sweden. One man had a heart for a lost, shaggy and ugly animal and offer it grace and salvation. 

This sounds a lot like the story of the Gospel to me.

œ "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Jesus Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8

I was lost and stray, but God gave me hope in the form of his Son Jesus. He loved me warts and all and I can tell what, I am prepared to follow him wherever it may take me.

Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: