Tuesday 18 April 2023

Let us not rush through the story


It is barely 10 days since Easter Sunday, and I feel that many of us have simply rushed through the Resurrection story and had gone back to 'life as normal.' However, it shouldn't be this way! The news of Christ's resurrection makes sure that our lives are anything but normal. We are offered the gift of transformation and the chance to begin again. This is an everyday gift and one that should bring hope into our worlds. 

"Resurrection is the announcement that life cannot ultimately be conquered by death, that there is strength added when the labors increase, that multiplied peace matches multiplied trials, that life is bottomed by the glad surprise." - Howard Thurman 

What gift does the Resurrection offer you right now? Is there some grief in your heart that needs the light of Jesus to shine on?

Acts 23:6 - I stand on trial because of the hope of the resurrection of the dead (Paul). 

Living in Grace

D3LM3

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Today while driving home I saw a full rainbow and remembered the covenant God made with Noah. Continuing to drive ; I drove underneath it. Never experienced that . Felt like God's hand on my head. Every morning I pray for guidance and every evening I pray to thank Him. Last week I asked for help and today He gave. Lent brings you closer that's why I 'm doing Lent every year.

Delme Linscott said...

Thanks so much for sharing that lovely image of driving under the rainbow. That is such a beautiful picture of God's love. Blessings, Delme