Sunday 15 January 2023

Set up house!


When Jesus instructed his disciples to 'remain in his love', what do you think he meant? 

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. - John 15:9

There are a few different ways of looking at this concept of 'remaining,' but the one that strikes a chord with me is the idea of setting up a house. When you go camping for a weekend, you don't really plan to settle in that campsite, but you are fine with using it for a few days. You can live without a few things, but you may not really want to set up home there. 

However, when you decide to set up home, you plan for the long haul - you create a garden, you hang up pictures, you paint the walls a colour you enjoy, you buy flowers for the dining-room table, you get a few pets, and you decide to tell your friends your new address. 

This is how I see the concept of remaining in the love of Jesus. I must decide to 'set up home' in the presence of Christ. I must decide to be part of His life for longer than a weekend. I must choose to become a more permanent feature in the Jesus' company.

Living in Grace

D3LM3


No comments: