Saturday 5 February 2022

I don't understand it all



As a Minister I am asked a lot of questions. Some of them I can answer, but there are many that I truly don't have a neat answer for. There is a freedom in being able to admit that I am unsure on some matters and I know that most people appreciate this honesty.

However, there are a few things in our faith experience, that we may not be able to express in clear words, but that we just KNOW deep in our stomach's. One of these for me, is the knowledge that God is our constant companion. In the words of the ancient hymn, Dora Greenwell writes:

"I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned;
I only know at his right hand
Stands one who is my Saviour."

Perhaps we could just rest in what we KNOW of Jesus today, instead of trying to figure out all the complexities of life? Just a thought! 

Mark 4:24 - Then he added, “Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen, the more understanding you will be given—and you will receive even more.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: