Tuesday 8 February 2022

Mistakes and seeking advice



Writing is a strange thing. 

Sometimes my mind races ahead of my fingers and I end up typing words that I haven't meant to include. The same applies with silly mistakes - in my haste to finish the post, I often glance at my thoughts and mis-read my own writing. However, when I then re-read the blog post a day later, I am shocked at the mistakes I have made. I apologise for these. 

But, this did get me thinking...

Are there times in our lives where we proceed with actions (or the like) without noticing the potential mistakes? And if the answer is 'Yes', are we then willing to allow others to speak into our lives? The advice of a trusted friend is worth gold in times like these. 

Proverbs 12:15 - The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.

Proverbs 27:9 - Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of a friend springs from their heartfelt advice.

Do you have someone in your life who is a trusted sounding board? 

Living in Grace

D3LM3

No comments: